View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Jay D

I know a lot of the stuff is newer than what you guys on here collect. But, i enjoy it, and each piece has a story behind it.

The football helmet is a game used Notre Dame helmet from the 1980's i suprised my Dad with after trading a game worn hockey jersey for it.

We have a little collection of stuff from the movie "For Love of the Game" and had the Tigers Chapel jersey made up for it.

The old books are Knute Rockne books and old ND yearbooks from his time there.

The boxing gloves are signed by the 3 greatest fighters in hockey history, John Ferguson, Bob Probert and Clark Gillies.

I can tell you where each card in my showcases came from and approx when i bought it. My favorite is the 1954 Ted Williams i traded a 1991 OPC Premier Hockey set for! I should probably get the cards graded and will in time. The Mantle's were the beginning of a 25 year quest to get one each of his Topps/Bowman. I have several more not shown and am down to the 1953 Topps, 1951 Bowman. I'm afraid the 1952 wont be happening within my budget! LOL.

If the stuff is too new, please let me know, i will delete. Just wanted to share.