View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 06:41 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
If for your PC, what's the difference what the label on the slab says? As long as you like the cards, thats what counts. My big postwar RCs are usually lower grade because I don't want to pay a premium for a plastic tomb. Some are even raw. I've even sold off the ones I got into early and taken the profit and replaced them with low grade examples at a fraction of the price. Funny thing is that as the higher grade prices have gone out of the ballpark, the lower grade ones have run up too. Case in point: I bought a 1954 Aaron RC in VG condition a few years ago to replace a PSA 7 I sold and the most recent sales prices have been 500% of what I paid.
I've very much embraced this mentality. If it's for my PC, as long as it presents nicely, and I'm happy with it, I care very little about the grade.

Quite honestly, as long as I can definitely prove the card is authentic I prefer it to be unslabbed.

And to echo what a few have posted here, it's certainly a thing with supply and demand. As long as the pandemic, and sporadic lockdowns continue here in the states, the card prices will remain strong. I think 50's and 60's vintage will come back down to earth somewhat, as people exit the hobby to pursue the things they did when they could still go outside and on vacation and what not. However barring another major crash, I don't think we'll see pre 2018 prices.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.