View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 09:53 AM

I recently tried my first sale on ebay - a car cover I'd used for a couple of years and then stuck in a closet. I described it as having been well used for several years and in need of a washing, but in good condition otherwise. I included a couple of pics. The guy who buys it utterly flamed me - threatening to get me "kicked off of ebay," using obscenities, etc. I calmly replied that I stood by my description but was happy to refund his money and postage both ways. He replied saying he couldn't return it because he's already given it to his neighbor (within a day of receipt and to a neighbor who also happens to have a Porsche of the same model/vintage?). He proceeds to give me all sorts of advice about what I need to do to be a good ebayer. I again offered to refund his money but never heard back from him. It seems pretty apparent that he was actually happy with his end of the bargain but just wanted to lash out at me for no good reason.

Some people are just plain hostile. It really turned me off on selling things on ebay, although I have since sold a couple of other items without incident.