View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 10:24 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
I believe the country will rebound from it all. It definitely sobered up some people.
In response: I'm hoping the rebound includes bipartisan legislation for at least 12 months. Wouldn't that be nice? But I'm probably dreaming.

I'm a history/civics teacher. My students had lots of questions. My answer was the same that it always is:

1) Rhetoric has consequences. Rhetoric inflates inflates inflates, and then bursts. Then the process repeats.

2) Politics is a game. And if you always look at it like a game, you understand politicians have strategies to accomplish things. Yesterday was a failed strategy. Was it ugly? Yes. Is it a black eye? Yes. Will people learn from it? Hopefully. But the strategies will change now, and people will use different tactics to continue to play the game. The strategies for the Georgia senate race had winners and losers. The strategies for the Presidential election had winners and losers. The GOP is making a new strategy beginning to today. The Democrats are making a new strategy to help President Biden. And tomorrow the sun will rise, and the sun will set, and politics will continue.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo