View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 02:54 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsmith View Post
And people like Huysmans are the real problem with modern America. They don't seem to understand that by helping the less fortunate to better themselves also helps them and America in the long term.
What he said was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
Bottom line Packs, it's not that I'm in disagreement with you regarding government programs and helping those who need help. I am NOT in favour of putting the burden on the rich, whatsoever. Redistribution of wealth is taking from the rich in my opinion, but we obviously won't agree. Those who volunteer it, good on them.

As a lifelong liberal, I've come to the conclusion that people need to be responsible for themselves, and as liberals, we're never honest in regards to how many people really have themselves to blame for their situation. Not all, but many. I've learnt that from experience.
And I agree 100% with him. He makes it clear in his first sentence he favors programs that help people who need it and so do I. So I have no idea why you say that people like him, and me, are the real problem with America.