View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 12:56 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I’m pretty sure Mark and I share the same disdain for third party authenticators. How long until PSA starts slabbing pennants?
100% correct assumption! Hopefully the answer is either never or not in our lifetime.

But I wouldn't put it past them. Especially with the new ownership team that's coming soon. New owners are always looking to grow their business by thinking "outside the box".

PSA already authenticates cards, silks, photos, tickets, pins, autographs, bats, gloves, and probably other items that don't immediately come to mind. I even saw recently that they slabbed/graded a cut-out of Mickey Mantle's image from the top of a 1968 Topps Posters Display Box.

I doubt that they'd actually slab a pennant, but who knows? I think that if/when they delve into pennants, it would be their dumb numbered sticker on the back side, accompanied by a Letter of Authenticity (with matching ID).

Of course if you have even the most elementary knowledge about pennants, this is all totally unnecessary (and a complete waste of money).