View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 08:40 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
You don't think putting out a bunch of cash will bring people to your table looking to sell stuff? If not, you likely don't understand the greed and desire of many people. It will also likely create a slight (actually more likely a big) bit of buzz at the show as people walking around start telling and questioning others if they saw the one dealer/seller with the briefcase full of cash. It WILL attract people to come see you, but it is also probably not a great idea for everyone for several of the negative reasons I also mentioned, that can't handle it.

You might think I'm being some kind of a jerk, especially after your 'Umm - thanks?" comment/question. But I'm being fully serious if you want to get attention for buying stuff at a card show. Honestly tell me what other suggestion(s) by anyone else in this thread will likely get you more actual attention for what you want, faster and quicker than what I've suggested. Everything I stated is 100% logical, makes perfect sense, and/or is true. If you don't want some completely honest advice, don't go asking for it.
Personally Bob, I love your plan and it would be an instant separation from the other guys. I'd use passable fake cash and a hired "security guard " for presentation.

How would you present to make an heir or widow with a pre war collection comfortable enough to approach your table?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-