View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:30 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
Why would you even care what someone sells a piece for????

I don't remember you writing the pricing guide for pin and mirror pieces. On top of that, maybe he thinks it worth more than you. Or is it too far out to think that someone might actually disagree with your valuation of an item? Bottom line is WHO THE HELL CARES what someone else sells their items for. I have sold items to Bryan and if he can't sell it, he will often sell it back on Ebay. Sometimes even / often for a loss. I have bought items back from him for considerably less than he paid me for, but do I ever here him complain to me. NO, because you win some and you lose some. Doesn't matter either way though.

One of the BIGGEST problems with this board is that WAY too many people think they are a "know it all" and anyone who "dares" disagree with them gets bashed for having a different opinion. It's all over the place on the autograph side, but apparently it's rampant everywhere.

Because ebay used to be a fun place to shop. Now that it's 90% "Buy it Now" items with prices inflated well beyond what any rational person would pay, it's ruined.

Because many of us are sick of seeing the same items month after month, year after year, and having to scroll through 95% "dead inventory" before finding something actually worth bidding on.

Ebay has gone from being something fun and exciting, to something more resembling a chore, an exercise in futility, or a needle in a haystack search... take your pick. It's almost no longer worth the time investment. Sellers' greed has ruined an otherwise great experence (and I'm speaking for many collectors beside myself).

If you view it differently, that's fine. The beauty of this board is that we can express an opinion. No one said you have to agree. It's a discussion board in which opinions will inevitably vary... and that's what makes it interesting.