View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 07:28 AM
Bi11..R0berts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spahn21 View Post
Yesterday, I released two statements. One is posted here, and the other was sent to my email-subscriber (E-S) list.

The “guts” of both are the same, though I necessarily provided more background information to my E-S list knowing that many there would be reading this story for the first time, and necessarily needed greater context.

I made my last posts on Net 54 at around 2:00 am this morning before finally going to bed. Now that I am up again with some coffee in me, I have re-read those posts, and I want to clarify one thing.

Where I say:

"My lawyer has advised me that I do not need a written statement because the U.S. Attorney's Office in charge of the case approved my statement last week."

I am referring to this statement:

The U.S. Attorney’s Office has confirmed that it has absolutely no evidence that I shill bid on any item, and that these 38 lots were added to EE because M-L violated its own publically released rules (COC, paragraph 2) by their acceptance and inclusion of my bids on items they knew were owned by M-L, a M-L employee or a M-L affiliate – and not because of any wrongdoing by me.”

I was NOT referring to the full body of the Net 54 post or the email that I sent to my E-S list. I realize that this clarification is unnecessary for most, but I want to be crystal clear to everyone, as to what exact "statement" I am referring to.
Kevin,

I know you're not asking for advice but I really think you should have another discussion with your attorney about getting something in writing from the DA. I do not know you, and I'm sure like many have posted your a man of integrity - that being the case I would work tirelessly to get something in writing that proves my innocence if I were you. Not saying your story is not true, but if I were on that list for the reasons you are I would want something better than my attorney saying I don't need something in writing, after all doubts could affect your future business. Conversely, if I were on this list (I'm not) and had shilled, I would now use the same or similar reasoning you did particularly if people in the hobby accepted an explanation without proof. Again, not attacking but I cannot understand why & think its a mistake for you to not get something in writing.
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty

Last edited by brob28; 02-09-2016 at 07:49 AM.