View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Ed McCollum

Default In my mid-20s in the early 90s

Was living in Lincoln at the time, and there were shows at a small mall two or three times a year. I had just been bitten by the vintage bug and there was never any vintage there. Was excited to hear there was to be a fairly large show at the Civic Auditorium in Omaha, so put our newborn in the car seat and went to check it out.

Two dealers. Total. Apparently some sort of management snafu, something. Was told by the two guys there (were I did buy two cards) that everyone else had snatched up space at the mall in Lincoln, so with son still in the carrier, headed back home to a mall that was completely full of vendors.

Alan Hager was the only name I recognized at the time. He had several EpdG cards, a couple of Hindu backs, and tons of commons. All out of my price range. Looking back, wish I had paid more attention to the names of vendors to see who was there, and where they are now.

So guess this counts as my first, and second, card show experience.