View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 01:33 AM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

Question Case Pocket Knives & Antique Marbles...Can Anyone Help?

I am in the process of sorting through my parents estate. My father collected pocket knives...maybe 50 to 75 knives, mostly made by Case Mfg. Company. I have read (googled) enough to know that the Case company used lots of stamped codes on the blades to help identify and date their many various models. However, it is proving to be quite challenging to accurately identify exactly what I have and determine their values. Most of the knives appear to be from the 1970s and 80s, with a few outliers. Just curious if there is anyone with expertise in this area of knife collecting/dealing who might be willing to exchange a few text messages to help me get a handle (pun intended!) on them? If so, please Direct Message me here on the site, and we can discuss further.

Likewise, my father had a good sized jar of old marbles from his youth, probably gathered them (won them off of friends, etc) in the 1930s to 40s. Anyone know much about identification and valuation on these? If so, shoot me a DM and I'll send you some pics.

Thanks in advance for any potential help!

PS. My mother had a HUGE collection of antique dishes/glassware, but we've decided simply to send most of that to the estate auction in a couple of weeks.

PSS. Now I know how folks who know very little about cards and sports memorabilia will feel when I die, and they are staring at all this stuff wondering "where do we even start?!" Lol!