View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

The 6.5 surfaced from a random northeast collection in 2011. Golden late sold it for $85,200 at some point. I don't think the others have publicly given histories.

The Memory Lane sale of the 4 ending in 755 reports that Graziano was replaced by Godoy on the sheet, which has been long stated elsewhere. The uncut sheet has odd placement of Godoy and Mickey Walker. Godoy is the likeliest spot based on the numbering sequences in the columns, as if Rocky replaced Walker it would still be out of order. This shouldn't be stated as a fact as it usually is.

I would think it likelier than not there are some raw, there are usually more out there undiscovered of things as we always find with every cool discovery (we have 0 silver Donovan's known in 2005, 5+8 of them now); whether one or two exist raw in collections depends more on the collector than anything; some of us are still awfully resistant to slabbing things we aren't selling regardless of value. I have never seen a raw one, have heard of a couple but I've heard of a lot of claimed cards that nobody can produce a photo of. 'Pics or it didn't happen'.

Jones lists the Graziano in Seconds Out, but makes no mention of its great rarity. I don't know when this card was 'discovered' by the hobby. Was Rocky known in, say, the 70's?

Your book lists a sale in Legendary of an SGC A, but I cannot find a picture of that card online for my photo archive. The POP says there are 2 A's, neither of which I can find a picture of.

I would appreciate it if anyone has an image of a Graziano I didn't show they could contribute. I for one am just happy Leaf short prints are worth way more than similar short prints in other sets, as I can live content without ever finishing my Leaf set. This is probably $50K+ in any grade now.