View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejules1 View Post
Paid a penny under $4K.
It listed on ebay and I happened to be searching at the moment for new listings. Made an offer right away, waited. The page fews mounted. Then a few minutes later decided to pull the trigger on the ask.
My guess is that I would get my money back if I ever decided to sell it. What do you guys think?
I doubt you'll ever want to part with it such that it is a moot point .

For these types of cards, I've always found it is very difficult to predict price. If you listed it again, you could take a huge loss on it or do really well. The lack of steady demand for oddball items really leads to some fluctuations. Ylu may have been the only one looking for that card at the time, but who knows who will be looking if you ever need to part with it? One registry guy and you've got a substantially more valuable card. I know, if I collected Mays, I would have had a difficult time not pulling the trigger at that price, particularly as poor versions of other players being around that price.