View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 11:34 AM
Andrew

Default Sigh. Another eBay question...

First of all, thanks to everyone who has given me helpful advice about navigating the eBay (raw) card world. I have to say I'm getting kind of burnt out on the frustrations of dealing with so many random people with, shall we say, all sorts of "quirks," or the alternative of paying huge prices to the relatively few large, established trustworthy dealers with good customer service. I've met a handful of smaller sellers who have been great, but of course they don't have all the cards I want.

Anyway, my latest question is that yesterday I received a card from a seller who had proactively reached out a couple times to see if it had arrived. I got it for what I thought was a good BIN price ($65, so not expensive), but it turns out it has a crease that didn't show up in the photo, and the description was just "like new."

I responded to the seller's inquiry saying that I had received the card, was a little disappointed in the condition and the crease should have been disclosed, but I wouldn't open a return because in the end the price was still reasonable (although I wouldn't have bought it had I known about the crease).

In response, the seller just said "can u please leave feed back." I should note that, just speculating based on the handwriting on the envelope, this seller may be a kid or may have some challenges of some sort. I don't want to be overly harsh, but I also can't honestly leave feedback without some sort of qualifier about providing buyers with fully accurate information about the card. That would seem to be neutral at best. I was planning on just skipping the feedback, but now that I've been specifically asked, I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited by ASF123; 05-03-2021 at 11:55 AM.