View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 08:57 AM
Tom Boblitt

I was at the live auction. They have added that LIVE 'Invaluable' bidding into their mix. They had some problems with it and I think it slows down their live auctioneer some. There were issues with a couple of the bidders in the live auction on the floor and a couple items were reopened that were already supposedly sold. But I don't think it happened on more than 5-10 items. I won a single item with no real issues that I could tell. It was the least attended of any of the live Louisville Slugger auctions and I've been at all. They've consistently whittled this auction down to be strictly memorabilia and autographs which is disappointing. They used to have some cards in the auction and a couple years had great card contents. It's a great venue for an auction and we are pretty centrally located to quite a few large metro areas. Oh well, it was a quick day. The auction used to start at 9am and wasn't finished at 5pm. I got there at 1030 and left by 3pm. I did some bidding prior to the live auction. I think they continue to pull out items to go into the monthly auctions, so these live auctions have been dwindled down significantly. The All-Star game auctions have become their true premier auctions. And their website continues to be substandard when Simpleauction and Createauction have fantastic interfaces for the majority of auctionhouses out there. I think the live format probably still has a place out there but it must be incredibly difficult to manage with an online presence.