View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 02:50 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

PWCC responded to my inquiry. This is what they said regarding the discrepancy between the emailed invoices and the website hammer prices at checkout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCC
It appears that our system issues out winning bid emails early with the bids that were current when items entered into extended bidding on our website. The invoice you received through your account on our website reflects the correct high value after extended bidding on the item ended. Please rest assured that this is indeed the correct value for your item/s.
This is definitely not correct though. I went into a bidding war on a 1953 Topps willie mays card that was at $2k when extended bidding started. We bid it up multiple times after that, and the card was extended into multiple future time windows. My max bid on the card was set at $2800, which is what it shows at checkout. I took the bidding lead at $2700 and then placed a $2800 max bid after that as a blocker bid. Then the auction ended. I don't know if someone bid me up to $2800 or not, but I do know that the website showed $2800 at the last second after I thought I had it at $2700. My emailed invoice shows $2700 though, not $2,000 which is where it was at when extended bidding started. But at checkout and on the website it shows $2800.