View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 10:20 PM
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASF123 View Post
I was just looking at some Greg Morris listings and saw a bunch of them with descriptions like “VG-EX (crease).” How does that work? Seems to me that that can’t possibly be accurate - VG-EX is incompatible with a crease.
I agree with you, but it seems that VG-EX has a wide space for interpretation, both raw and slabbed. I've seen and owned cards graded in VG-EX where they had a paper crease/wrinkle on the reverse that didn't show through the front. My 53 Bowman Snider is a PSA VG-EX due to lightly touched corners at the bottom and a moderate wax stain on the reverse. I also have a really nice SGC 4.5 (new label) Musial that has a dinged corner at the bottom left. On the other hand, I've seen VG-EX cards that have all four corners rounded, stained, a light crease, and toning on earlier cards.

I've purchased quite a few cards from Greg (100+) and for the most part, I've been satisfied. On several occasions, I've sent a card back to him that was graded as EX-MT, but I felt the corner wear was too much for the grade. With that said, I will use Greg's grading as a reference to others when I describe the condition of the cards I collect. I will also continue to purchase from Greg as I upgrade my sets.

Phil aka Tere1071
1953 Bowman Color set
1971, 1972, and 1975 Topps Baseball sets
working on a 1970 Topps Baseball set