View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 07:09 AM
Jeff Carlson

Apologies for butting in on the Brooks thread, but I have a question for Baltimore Orioles collectors that probably isn't worth it's own thread.

I am in the process of a long overdue cataloging of my Paul Blair collection and I have several questions I am struggling to resolve. I am still working to see if I can answer some myself, but this one I cannot figure out: TCDB's Paul Blair checklist lists a 1970 Traffic Safety set and a 1971 DMV Safety set. The two sets have identical checklists, but I cannot find any source other than TCDB that lists them separately. To complicate things, the 1971 DMV set has pictures for each card, while the 1970 has no pictures. So, I can't even compare images.

To make things even stranger, on eBay you can only find these cards for the Washington Senators. Not a single Oriole to be found. I suspect that there is only one such set and it is erroneously listed twice on TCDB. Can any of the experts here clear up for me whether there are one or two of these traffic safety sets? Thank you.

Here is the one I have: