View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 06:13 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Bill,

Very cool item. I love the way they incorporated the players names into the cover art.

I think we forget how important league championships are to minor league cities and the players that never reach the major leagues.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Alan....

The artwork is indeed very cool & I agree about your point how important these championships really are to these men. Somewhere I have a reunion team ball signed by these guys that night as well.

I look at Cal & think that in only about two months of this photo being taken he would get his 3,000th career hit.

Anyways, I just picked this up on eBay because I thought it was neat (and inexpensive). It's some sort of a 1976 bus ticket from Disneyland to Newport Beach signed by Grant Jackson, Ken Holtzman, Ken Singleton & Brooks.

One of the reasons I thought it was cool was that it included Ken Holtzman, who was only with the Orioles for less than three months & to see anything associated with his time there is unique. I suspect this was signed during the Orioles only trip to Anaheim prior to him (and Grant J.) being dealt to New York (April 19-21):

Last edited by roarfrom34; 11-08-2021 at 08:01 AM.