View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 04:56 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
And I'll bet that little fact is not prominently posted somewhere on their site for all to see, on purpose. For all the somewhat intelligent business decisions and moves they seem to have made over the years, I wonder if this may not end up being one of their much lesser liked ones. It seems fairly obvious their goal is to funnel more people to using their vault, but by not even allowing your customers to permanently disable that feature, I can see them losing some business over it. If you should in the future see them suddenly adjust this policy/feature somehow, I would suspect it to be from getting a lot of flak from customers and/or a drop in business attributed to this policy of theirs. From a business standpoint, what with them getting kicked out of Ebay and then starting their own online platform, you'd think they'd want to make the transition for their customers and consignors as easy, simple, and similar as possible, at least to start out with.
While I agree it may not be the most user friendly setup, someone previously posted that all you have to do to have your winnings shipped to you is click a different radio button right below the default option for the vault. It doesn't sound like they made it that difficult to change the shipping location so when you check out, you just have to spend a few seconds and remember to do it.