View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 06:12 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzoumanian View Post
I noticed that in this auction there's a PSA 8 1952 Topps Jackie Robinson (lot 5) that started at a minimum bid of $25,000 and an SGC 8 Topps 1952 Jackie Robinson (lot 6) that started at a minimum bid of $10,000.
My question: Why did REA start the bidding at such a WIDE disparity? The centering on the PSA card MIGHT be a tad better. Might.
Why do I ask? I have a SGC 7.5 1952 Topps Jackie Robinson and I'm wondering if I should break it out (when I am ready to sell) and roll the dice by submitting to PSA.
I am planning to go to the National and will ask REA this question BUT I thought the forum might have some insights. What am I missing? Thanks. Peace.
PSA is CRUSHING cards these days. I am not believing the gorgeous 6s I am seeing that people are showing me. Probably a colossal failure of AI and failure of graders to override the AI grade. The problem is now that they are fingerprinting cards good luck ever getting them to change it.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-27-2021 at 06:13 PM.