View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 11:26 PM

Default sat it out

I didn't go this year but snagged two items by text, after friends sent photos...first was the Yale hockey sweater from Corey Leiby...Dave Sykes of the three Bill's n' Dave posse sent a shot of a display cabinet and it looked like a Corey booth...so texted Corey and clinched it...One of the best hockey sweaters I've come across...then that University of Pennsylvania baseball broadside schedule I got from Keith Javic...I learned John Gennantonio had already seen it because when I showed it to him he said he had researched previously and it was either 1908 or 1914 based on cross examining the dates with yearbooks from his archives...Faded and chipped...that's the perfect condition I like a broadside...because you're 300% sure it's real not a repop...You can see why these kinds of posters are so rare because of how fragile it is...very few have survived...most were broken and tossed...University of Pennsylvania sports broadsides are extremely rare for some reason…I believe this is the first one I’ve seen…so I was very happy to get it…