View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 08:30 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

No comment on the authenticity of the Dean autograph. However, those who are saying 'ink bleed' are horribly incorrect (sounds nicer than you do not know what you are talking about). That is not a fountain pen signature, it is ball point pen. Too much ink on the ball when it was signed and he smudged it with his hand after signing it. Not uncommon with the older Bic pens and lower quality ballpoints. It is very common when the pen shaft holding the roller ball gets a crack allowing extra ink to come out while writing. I am sure I am not the only person who has taken a ball point pen, held it sideways and turned to to get the extra ink off the end before it leaves a glob on the paper. It still happens with Cross pen bold refills which I use for work. I have to wipe them with a tissue. The ink also takes longer to set. I use it to collect autographs on index cards. If you put another card right on top after getting a signature it leave a reverse ghost image on the back of the other card.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 08-01-2021 at 08:32 PM.