View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 07:20 PM
Todd
Todd Ev@ns

Default A Vey Successful National

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Nice to know they are so easily convinced. Good grief.

I actually wanted a grader to explain why it was initially graded as altered.

I certainly don’t hold any pull with them and that was the first time I had ever met or even talked with Joe Orlando. He only told me who I should talk to so that a senior grader could look at it.

Yes, the card certainly had been in an album and some of the print on a small portion of the card was lightened when the card was removed. I was certain that nothing had been done to the card and after getting it because seeing it person other than a scam you can easily see that nothing was applied or added which is why I wanted a review of the card. Nothing but the actual condition of the card warranted the grade that it ended up getting.

The auction description was written after the card was graded and since it was graded as authentic/altered the auction description writer most likely assumed that it had been altered. Most auction write ups are written off a scan/pic of the item and not the actual item itself sitting in front of the auction writer.

Seeing the card in person and under magnification rather than just from a scan shows why I was convinced that it wasn’t altered.

I am happy that I bought it but I have to feel a little bad for the consigner because the initial grader at PSA cost that person a pretty good amount of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in

Last edited by LOUCARDFAN; 08-02-2021 at 07:53 PM.