View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 01:33 PM
Rob Sl@+kin

Default Mile High Auction: Item Graded PSA "Authentic" ???

Reading this post, you may not recognize me because although I've been in the hobby for about 40 years, my participation has been very limited for about the past 10 years (due to unforeseeable life circumstances). I'm very happy that I am finally able to spend a little more time here.

I primarily collect original photos, and have not purchased cards in some time. I would really appreciate your help because I have lost touch with some of the nuances of cards, grading, and everything PSA.

Well to my point/question, Mile High Card Company is currently having an auction in which they have a variety of Season Passes (i.e. Team Passes, League Passes, Press Passes, etc) mixed in with their tickets. I'm interested in these items.

The thing is... almost every single one seems to be GRADED - "PSA AUTHENTIC." I have researched and can't get a straight or clear answer on what "Authentic" means (especially on a season pass).

Does this mean they have been "altered or "restored"?
"Maliciously"...? ... however that is really defined.

Did the person or AH having them graded pay less for an "Authentic" designation than for a number grade?

Why wouldn't someone prefer a number grade? ...even in the case where there is very severe paper loss and/or creasing and/or writing on the pass?

Anyway...
Would someone please explain what "Authentic" means on these passes, and why you think the passes that were graded, were graded... and why the ones left raw were left raw?

Thank you for your help!
Robert Slatkin