View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Jeff P0tter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshleps View Post
If you go to Pauls site
http://www.signedt206.com/other-peop...eadball-cards/
the T205 and CJ marqard (one on the right) are mine and the CJ exhibits the signature of what you say is the wife signing. I am not disagreeing at all. The CJ one always bothered me. Hope you are wrong
Hi Michael, would it be possible to post a larger scan of your CJ (or maybe Paul has one)? It is hard to see from the smaller size on the link. I would love to see it clearly. And I just want be to clear that I am NOT definitively saying that I think Marquard's wife (or someone) signed these ones with the "stick" R at the start, it's a theory I have been looking into for over a year now and what better place to discuss it... and perhaps prove, disprove, or just learn more about his autograph as it may not be something that can be definitive either way without much more compelling evidence. What I do feel strongly about is the T205 I posted above and the index card came back in the mail at the same time from the same autograph request, and to me they are clearly not in the same hand, medium aside. I find it fascinating and it's a subject I will continue to have interest in. I hit a dry spell in research and figured it was time to ask others to take a look at what I found so far and see what else is out there.

Last edited by ATP; 05-10-2016 at 11:17 PM.