View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 02:00 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Very recent weirdness.

The world seems determined to hand me nearly worthless collectibles, maybe it's my destiny?

In fall, was moving some leaves, and found a 1920's? maybe older small vaseline bottle. chipped, and not worth much complete. But it was in the leaves on the sidewalk, had been there a while, and had spent some time at least partly buried.
It "could" have rolled out of my lawn and off the 10" tall curb somehow, but it was right next to the gate, a high traffic area with no washouts.

despite being from the 1880s out neighborhood just isn't the sort of place people walk along with droppable antique bottles.

Then a couple weeks ago, I go to pick up my daughter from school. Right near where I usually stand and wait I see something with that "look and see what I am" look about it. And..... It's a 2 year old HS football ticket stub from the next town over. And it's been there a couple days from the look of it which puts it having been there before trash day when it maybe could have blown out of a barrel being dumped.

I sort of can't wait/dread what the next thing will be.
And yes, I've kept them both. the bottle is cool, and ..... maybe I'm being equipped for some bizarro zomie apocalypse or something.
That is very odd and weird, but also really cool.