View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 11:12 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

I've been collecting since I was 7 or 8 and never stopped! The longest break I had was maybe a year or slightly less than a year. It's been a major part of my life as long as I can remember. Every penny I got when I worked as a kid all went to cards. Not much has changed now that I'm 30 but I have bills to pay first, but also still more money to buy cards! I love baseball. I love the artwork on the old cards. I love the smell of the old cards and the history you get when holding one.

As a kid I always dreamed of owning old cards and "A" Babe Ruth card. None of the card shops near me carried anything pre 1948 ever. I bought a few beater Goudey commons at a show as a kid and thought they were the best things ever. I was always under the impression as a kid that the real old 1930's and earlier cards were just far to rare and expensive to collect and never came up for sale. I wasn't until later on when I started using ebay more in the 2000's that pre-war really opened up for me. I'm still amazed and get a magical feeling like I did when I was a kid when I hold great old cards of hall of famers like Babe Ruth, Ty cobb, Walter Johnson etc... You just can't beat it!