Thread: A pet peeve
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
As a buyer only, and one who collects variants that can involve fronts or backs, I like sellers who offer back scans. But since I do not sell on ebay or a web site, I have no appreciation or understanding of the time and expense of providing them, particularly if you are a large volume seller

I sell off doubles on ebay, and depending on the type of scanner used, there is no added time to show a scan of both the front and back in the listing. The scanner I previously used was an older model and required me to physically scan both the front and back of each card, and this was obviously more time consuming(took twice as long). The scanner I use now scans front and back and then auto numbers the scans which allows for easy insertion of the images into the listing. With my newer scanner, it takes me the same amount of time to scan and add the image of the front to the listings as it does to scan and add both the front and back to the listing.

My guess is that the sellers who do not offer an image of the back in their listings, either do not have a scanner that can scan f/b on one pass(and choose not to spend the extra time to add the back's scan), or have a scanner that does f/b scans but do not understand how to do so.