View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
According to my personal banker at the Whackabaht Regional Savings and Loan in Chiang Rai, your 1725 baht bid falls short of the $50 hidden reserve. A bid of 1748 baht would have sufficed, but since a subsequent valid bid exists, this bid ia declared null and void.

"Babe" Nokahoma from Fukushima Federal, the hottest bank in Japan, confirms however that Greg's bid of 5300 yen is indeed the equivalent of
a valid bid of $50.28 and is therefore accepted. If this was a winning bid, Greg
of course would have to chip in an additional 259 yen for shipping.

どうもありがとうございました

Tim,

This really shouldn't cause a kerfuffle. The rules, clearly indicated that a second bid by the same bidder could be made after midnight when the date changes in Kankakee, Illinois, and by inference a third bid could be placed by the same bidder 24 hours thereafter that would result in a sale.

I would hate to deprive Greg, the only valid bidder so far, of the opportunity to win this precious card. The "intent" of the rules was not to exclude the first and second bidders.

Furthermore the "intent" of this auction was to sell the card and not to engage in international currency manipulation and I will not release my emails concerning this or my yoga schedule. Period. And if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

That last paragraph made me do a spit take I laughed so hard. Frank 2016!