View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 04:07 PM
Wayne V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I have travelled the country far and wide like many of you. Had amazing pizza in Laramie Wyoming and Walla Walla WA. The one place I have never had great pizza is Chicago.

QUOTE=Jeff_cvc;2128917]As a pizza restaurant owner in Denver CO, I will firmly stand by the notion that great pizza or pie can be found in any corner of this country. Read American Pie, fun book by a "pizza guy" looking for the best pizza in the country. He settled on a place in Phoenix, which I've had, and is excellent. I've also had pizza from NY (I was born there), Chicago, Detroit, LA and many other places, and once again, I will stand by the notion that great pizza is everywhere.

Thanks for all the National updates!!
[/QUOTE]

I lived in the Chicago area for quite a few years. I don't think I ever had a bad pizza there. And there's all kinds of pizza in Chicago, not just the deep dish. You've got thin crust, thick crust , etc.
I am native of New Orleans. I would say you can't find bad pizza in Chicago, like you can't find bad Mexican food in Texas, or bad seafood in New Orleans.
Of course everyone has there own tastes, so to each his own.