View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 07:15 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
Since this alteration/trimming/fraud scandal broke in late May I have totally lost interest in collecting. I used to look forward to taking an hour or two each day to look at the major auction offerings, ebay listing of t206's, net 54 bst, etc. This fiasco has just ruined it for me. I haven't purchased a card in 2 months. I still visit this site but not nearly as much, I simply don't care much if at all anymore. I think I'll just focus on golf from now on. Anyone else feel the same?
I love baseball and love collecting vintage cards and memorabilia, and realized from the day I got involved in this that there's a lot of shady characters and fraudsters. My love for this stuff is not dependent on some grade assigned by a TPG. So while recent revelations have definitely made me think about sinking big bucks into a small piece of cardboard that someone may or may not have worked over, it hasn't ruined the hobby for me. Just made me a lot more wary.
I have a wall full of framed stuff that makes me happy every single time I look at it.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 07-17-2019 at 07:18 AM.