View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 10:42 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It's a guy and his brother. If they ran it into the ground knowingly stealing people's money (if indeed it really is a corporation and not a DBA), I would think you could get at them individually, but they may be judgment proof.
Hey Peter,

Like I said, I know nothing about them, so it would be a pure guess on my part if they can be held personally liable or not. Also no idea what other expenses, payroll, and so on they may have. My thought is that a huge drop in card submissions may have caught them and been the trigger to the bankruptcy filing now. Like you said, if it can be shown they intentionally ran it into the ground and stole the money, that's one thing. If they tried and it didn't succeed due to some bad moves or business decisions, that is something different, and they may be able to walk away. Still, bad for the hobby and the people getting screwed.

You know, these people had been waiting a long time to get these cards graded. So if PSA just returns them, they're not only out the grading fees, but assuming they still need/want to get these cards graded, now they'll have to maybe resubmit the cards again and wait even longer. You know, if anyone over at the new PSA had half a brain, they could try to make this a positive PR move on their part by cutting these people some slack, and go ahead and maybe still grade cards for those that want that to happen, without making them resubmit and have to wait even longer. And maybe cut them a break and at least give them a half-way decent discount on the grading fees to possibly make up a little bit for what these people stand to lose that they originally paid to Marx Cards. They've got their fees artificially raised to lower submissions, so they wouldn't be losing money by giving these people a break on the fees. And as I said, it could be good PR for PSA.

Last edited by BobC; 04-13-2022 at 06:01 PM.