Thread: Draft hype
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 11:36 AM
Steve Birmingham

It's odd sometimes, the Jets have had some good players, but I think at times the expectations are too much.

Maybe that's why some undrafted players do well, the expectation going into things is that maybe just maybe they can catch on as a backup.

Mark Sanchez to me always seemed like a very solid QB, who just didn't get as much respect as he should have. The same for a couple of the guys after. All pretty good, but they never gave them time to settle. If the coach and Qb get swapped out every 2-3 years, I think that makes it hard for a team to get going.

developmentally, it's weird putting the guys with the most potential on the teams that have the biggest problems and expect them to be great right away. Most of the top QBs had at least a year behind someone with experience and generally success.

A system that might be slightly unfair would allocate players to places they fit better. Maybe for example setting up the talented QB with a team that had a decent offensive line, or a group of good receivers.