View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 02:31 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
You talk about a tub of spinach but you can't feed your family of 4 on spinach. You can feed them on McNuggets. You might be skipping over other expenses that exist in favor of a meal choice, which you seem to weigh (pun intended) equally to things like child care and medical bills, common issues people face that drain their resources. I don't think there should be an assumption that people do this to themselves, but rather an understanding that they're trying their best in a world that's stacked against them.
When did I say you should skip medical bills or child care for food? What I actually said is that you can eat fine for the same cost as eating trash every day. You’re just making things up now lol.

Guess what, 20 McNuggets can’t feed a family of four either. It’s not a meal plan for four, obviously one will need more food for more people. It’s a very specific example that you can buy healthy food for the same price as unhealthy food.

It’s not an assumption that people do this to themselves. It’s a fact. Nobody is being force fed. There are cheap healthy options. It’s a choice. I’m sorry this doesn’t fit a victim narrative, but nobody is force feeding you McDonald’s. People choose to go there or to go somewhere else. Even at McDonalds you can order the salad, which is also cheap. Hell, free charitable soup kitchens serve healthier food for free! There is not a city in America where you cannot acquire readily fruits and vegetables. Not a single one.

Yet again, we have an obesity problem at every step of the income ladder.