View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 04:54 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
Got the libre 2 about a month ago. I have an older iPhone so can't use the 3 until I buy a new one. I did have an issue with the low glucose numbers being off. I kept getting numbers in the 60s and I felt OK so I did a stick and found it to be off by 100! Did it 3 times and always off by 100. But the high numbers were dead on. I called Abbott who makes them and complained so they sent me a neww one for free but I still think the low numbers are off. My friend has the dexcom system and showed my on his phone that he can adjust it if the numbers don't jive.
I had to upgrade my Samsung phone to use it. I had the cheap AO2s so I got a refurbished A32 5G. The $100 was worth it to have a phone that wasn't a piece of garbage. The numbers on the Libre 3 seem pretty good so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahfan View Post
If you like the Libre...you should try Dexcom...way WAY better IMO and you don't have to hold your phone to the attachment .
How do you like it on your abdomen? Not having it there was one of my main reasons for going with the penny sized Libre 3 on the back of my arm. With the 3 you only have to touch your phone to the device once to activate it. Then as long as you are within 33 feet it sends a reading to your phone every minute.