View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Default O/T: The Day The Music Died

Posted By: Rhys

I have always thought Buddy Holly gets a fraction of the respect he is due for his influence on those that followed him, and Richie Valens for breaking down Hispanic Stereotypes in his day. It always seems like the true visionaries and talents in any profession or art form are taken too young. To tie this into cards, is there any doubt that Lou Gehrig would probably be the best baseball player of all time if he had lived and played for another 7-8 years? More often than not they are the types of people (like Holly, Valens and Gehrig) who we really could use more of on this earth.

Going back to my Fathers generation, let us not forget Glenn Miller who died in a plane crash during WW2. And for those of us who are a bit younger (not nearly as significant though) I remember the day Randy Rhoads died around 1982. He was a very influential Hard Rock Guitarist who died in a Helicopter crash.

If I ever win the lottery I am going to buy a pair of Buddy Holly's original glasses, those would be sweet in a display!

Rhys