View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 02:35 PM
Ian H@ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
I realize I posted this a year ago, but today (unbelievably) marks the 10 year anniversary of "Game 162."

I generally don't go to weeknight games due to the driving distance, but I had a rain check that I had to use or lose so I called my son the night before & asked him if he wanted to go to the last game of the season...Fortunately, he agreed and one of our Baltimore area friends met us there...

There was a long rain delay (86 minutes to be exact) and when they resumed play the Orioles said you could sit anywhere you wanted & fortunately we chose seats in left field probably 100 feet or so from the Red Soxs' Carl Crawford (who was unable to handle Robert Andino's game winning liner)...I'll never forget watching the Orioles players celebrate & Papelbon and the rest of the Sox players walking off the field when the Jumbo Tron suddenly switched to the action in St. Pete & showing Longoria hitting his walk off HR thus eliminating Boston from the post season...

The only thing I can compare it to was like New Years Eve as we left Camden Yards that night 'high fiving' everyone (including the on duty cops) and headed over to Sliders (our favorite bar outside the park) who was serving free Natty Bohs...Needless to say I didn't get home until 4:30 AM..

I keep score at all the games I attend, so here is my scorecard which over the years I've had signed on the cover by all the key participants of that ninth inning (Reimold, Davis, Kyle Hudson & of course Robert Andino):
Such a great memory, and it's awesome that you have the scorecard from the game.

I was at the game as well. Went on a whim with my wife's cousin. We left during the rain delay, as I had to be at work at 5:00am! The timing worked out perfectly though, as I got home in time to see the crazy endings.

12:05am Andino's hit to win it!
12:08am Longoria's HR to send Tampa to the playoffs and Boston home!
12:36am St. Louis clinched their spot as well.

One of my favorite baseball memories for sure!
Sold to: Sean1125, sayitaintso, IgnatiusJReilly, hockeyhockey, mocean, wondo, Casey2296, Belfast1933, Yoda, Peter_Spaeth, hxcmilkshake, kaddyshack, OhioCardCollector, Gorditadogg, Jay Wolt, ClementeFanOh, JollyElm, EddieZ, 4reals, uyu906