View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 02:59 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripfan008 View Post
Good morning,

I just received my new SABR e-book about the Orioles and saw that Bill was a contributor.

Congrats Bill!
Much appreciated Mike:

This book was originally supposed to published in 2020 when the annual SABR convention was scheduled to be in Baltimore. Of course COVID pushed the convention all the way back to next summer, so they decided not to make their membership wait any longer.

I personally chose the game where Brooks hit his final career home run (of course no one realized it at the time) because it always resonated with me being I was a sophomore in HS living outside of Columbus, OH and heard it happen live on the Indians radio broadcast & I remember how good it made me feel.

I also wanted to tackle a Game Project for SABR and decided it was the best time to 'get my feet wet.'

Additionally about 10 years ago, I was fortunate to obtain the original pitching chart kept by Scott McGregor that historic night (which was also useful in my research). When I watch Brooks hit the HR on YouTube it's very cool knowing that the pitching chart I own resided in the Orioles dugout that night.

As an aside the Babe Ruth Museum is holding a book launch party (along with a panel discussion which I volunteered to participate in) on November 13.

Mike said he may come down and if anyone else has any interest DM me and I'll email you the details!

Last edited by roarfrom34; 10-30-2021 at 12:03 PM.