View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Rich Klein

Default Notes to Mike

Mike:

TY for answering some of my concerns. As you are aware; this is not a I hate the National post; but a true post with my concerns and with my suggested solutions. After all those years I thought that was a fair way to post.

Notice the only issue I asked to be reduced was the daily admission fee. I realize that parking and concessions are beyond your realm. Just trying to assuage the pain for daily collectors a tiny bit. Just remember; the National Promoters and board members have to pay the concession prices as well. I'm also hoping; as Chris points out a few posts down; that we can attract newer people into our fold with reduced attendance.

Obviously MVP badges are better and I'm all in favor of you selling as many of those as you can. If you noted within my post; I put in my hours suggestions extra times for MVP's and Super MVP's to be on the floor. I would assume those people would spend more. I liken those type of badges to seating at "premium" baseball games. I expect more to pay for walk-up tickets when the Yankees come to Texas than I do for a mid-season mid-week series with the Kansas City Royals. For those complaining about the MVP badge price; remember under my plan AND the current plan; the people get to come in earlier; get priority (or a few free) autos and get a better chance at better cards. MVP badges actually protects those collectors who want more chances at better cards.

As a note to most posters; one of the reasons SportsFest in Philly had so much trouble was that it was a downtown show. Trust me on this; very few card shows work in a downtown venue. They need to be where cars can come to them. Downtown shows stopped working for the most part by 1982. Al Rosen's 1988 MSG show was a rare exception and frankly one of the reasons for the big success of that show was that Richard Nader, the famed Rock Music Show Promoter had a big part in promotion for that show.

The GR Brown convention center in Houston is a very nice facility for a show. I'm also a big fan (perhaps the only one) of Market Hall in Dallas.

I appreciate those who are keeping this thread in the manner to which it was intended. For those going after E-Man; etc. please take your postings to PM's.

Regards
Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 08-04-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Felt like doing some editing after the fact