View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 12:08 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPMIDD View Post
I use EBAY mostly to support my card habit and I like to win auctions but sometimes, I like to use the ‘make best offer’ route. With that said, do sellers that have cards priced way over the average price of recent past sales expect to sell at the higher price? For instance, there is a ’56 Mantle SGC 3 on EBAY and the seller is asking $2400 but the recent past sales indicate that the auctions for a SGC 3 Mantle are going for $1100 to $1200. If I were to offer say $1200 to $1300 for the card, would that insult the seller? To be quite honest, I normally don’t even bother to look at cards that have an asking price that is grossly overpriced, but I really like this card. My questions are based on past experiences where I make a good offer and my offer is automatically rejected and that frustrates me.

Two things, if you send over an offer for an item at market price, you should care less if the seller feels insulted by your reasonable offer. Flip side is you shouldn't allow yourself to be frustrated when an offer at market price is auto declined....just means that deal wasn't meant to be.

Most cards I offer are straight BIN at or near market price. However, on items I choose to use the best offer option on, I will price above the market price (not 2x the price though) and gladly accept an offer at market or better.

Bottom line is you don't know the outcome until you send the offer.