Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

So, the past few months have been pretty hard. I've been very busy with work (which I'm incredibly thankful for), and I've also been very busy with upcoming wedding stuff (which I'm also incredibly thankful for). I feel like my head's been getting knocked back and forth like a ping pong, and quite frankly, I really hope that the quality of my work hasn't suffered as a result.

As it stands, the paintings I'm about to show have been worked on, tweaked, worked on again, sanded down, tweaked, and finally worked on again. It's been quite an arduous journey, and after I dropped them off at my photographers last week, I breathed a sigh of relief - I just needed to get these things out of my sight.

So, my guys got these scans back to me today, and I'm still in the process of color correcting everything. They're not quite perfect, but I still wanted to share them. For whatever reason, Photobucket seems to be screwing with the colors and contrast more than it should, but hopefully they give ya a good idea.

Sandy Koufax, 1965, 9" x 12"

Paul Waner, 1942, 9" x 12"

Christy Mathewson, 1909, 9" x 12"

Babe Ruth, 1919, 16" x 20"

Babe Ruth, 1932, 36" x 53"

Lou Gehrig, July 4, 1939, 48" x 84"

That last Gehrig painting was probably the most insane thing I've ever worked on, and certainly as of now, the largest. I think my hair's gone quite gray because of it.

Comments and critiques are ALWAYS appreciated, even if they're bad and smelly!!

Hope everyone's keeping warm.

Graig