Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Graig Kreindler

Guys, you're all being too kind. Thank you.

I'm really thrilled that so many of you have enjoyed this thread and always take time to comment and push me in good directions. I know I've said it before, and it certainly might sound corny, but whatever success I've had the past couple of years is directly because of you good folks. I honestly pinch myself every morning and thank the stars that I'm able to actually do this for a living - something I really love. And the fact that people like it as much as they do really warms my heart.

Regarding the Legendary auction, well, I'm definitely interested to see what the results are. Just like the DiMaggio painting in SCP, this one really surprised me. It's just really weird to see my stuff up for grabs like that. I didn't know until last night that I was on the cover. Wowzas. I just don't even know what to say.

In the end, I just hope that the seller still loved the painting and maybe had to get rid of it for other reasons. I know it's a bit silly, but when this stuff finds its way to the secondary market, I get a little upset because I start thinking that the client just fell out of love with the thing (or maybe never was IN love). But, that's all just me being neurotic.

Meeting David and Scott were some of my favorite parts of that weekend. I really was honored to spend so much time with Kawika, who as you all know, couldn't be a nicer fella. And the same goes for Scott, though I wish I could have spent more time with him. The National is just so much fun in general as a social event - it's honestly one of the highlights of my year. Going with good friends and just soaking in the passion that we all share, well, they're few things that are more enjoyable to me. Provided that I can make it, I'm VERY much looking forward to Chicago!!

Graig