View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
you will see in your lifetime tpa companies who won't act like this (treating the customer like a piece of dirt) and will actually talk to you, explain their authentications and be open, honest and transparent. It may take a while, but it will eventually happen because the open transparent system of doing authentication is better than the "go away" type of authentication. The problem is that the current authentication systems in place has a strangehold on the hobby - two companies that act and authenticate exactly the same. wink and nod.

when change occurs, it will occur fast and the old guard will have to adapt and change their ways or die out. Then you will get customer service. We have to stop thinking of mr. west coat and mr. east coast as some type of gods who are untouchable and start asking questions of them and to them. If they are who they say they are, then they are good enough at what they do to handle the tough questions.
I love this optimism, I really do. I just don't share it. I don't see it happening, because a model that is focused on the things you constantly (and rightfully) call for is not a profitable one. It just isn't.

Are you going to start said authentication company? If so, more power to you. If not (which is more likely), think about all of the myriad reasons why not. There are a lot of very good reasons not to go into this business, and there are a lot of reasons why the TPAs don't do the things you ask them to do.

Do you have any info about someone credible starting this type of TPA "in your lifetime"? Wishful thinking doesn't count.

Again, I love the optimism coming from you on this post.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all

Last edited by mighty bombjack; 04-01-2013 at 10:08 PM.