Thread: FedEx
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Default FedEx

Posted By: JimB

I had a rather disturbing experience yesterday and thought I would throw it out there. I received a package of baseball cards via FedEx sent overnight. I was at work when the FedEx guy came and so he just left the package on my front door. There were thousands of dollars worth of cards in that package, some of which were irreplacable. THe package sat there for hours until my wife got home at 5:30. Anybody could have come by and taken that box. I presume a signature was required though I have not checked with the sender yet. The sender was one of the most reliable people in the hobby. But this sort of thing has happened numerous times with FedEx. The guy just leaves all packages at the door. Even when I have been home, he gives a light knock and puts the package down. By the time I am at the door he is back in the truck and pulling away. Previously when I lived in a condo, the FedEx guy there would just leave packages in the lobby by the mailboxes. He would not even come upstairs and knock to see if we were home.

Have others had these sorts of problems with FedEx? I will never use them for anything valuable.

JimB