Thread: FedEx
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Default FedEx

Posted By: Phillip Benning

What a thread to go from "longest lurker" to an irate and somewhat embarrassed FedEx despiser but I need the help of forum.

Last fall, after catching a halibut here in Alaska to send to a friend attending the Ohio State/Michigan game, I decided, to send a part of my vintage collection with the fish for him to enjoy until I came down for the Reds Opening Day
Long story short, fish made it, blue ice made it, sack of cards did not. Odd isn't it?

Fedex was so caustic, sophomoric and callow on the phone and the claims guy naturally denied any liability. I asked if they could atleast look at the tailspools of their conveyor belts at transfer hubs, sorts, and centers. Nothing.

I have used fedex at my job forever and never had a problem until this nightmare.

I have searched high and low for my cards on the net in all, and I mean all, the usual places so I ask everyone should they see a hoard of mostly T206's of Cincinnati players, please contact me. Here is a sample of the "missing" cards. All where either SGC or PSA.

(2) Griffith
(1) Huggins
(4) Downey
(2) Fromme
(2) Campbell
(1) Holtizell
(3) Gaspar
(1) Paskert
(1) Dubuc

Again, should anyone have any information on these please do not hesitate to contact me. I would also appreciate no sympathy nor adjectives as the pain Fedex caused me couldn't be eased by pulling a crabpot of McPhee OJ's.

Regards,

Phillip