View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>Corey R. Shanus</b><p>Interesting questions. I don't profess to be an autograph expert so my thoughts will be based on a collector's perspective. <br /><br />"If the Mastro Anson ball was in Coaches Corner and it did not have PSA or JSA but was the same ball Mastro sold, would anyone have bid?" -- Without provenance and/or a LOA from a respected authority, I don't believe the ball would have sold well in ANY auction, much less one with a questionable reputation.<br /><br />"If the Coaches Corner ball was in Mastro and had PSA and JSA but was the same ball Coaches Corner sold, would it have pulled the same number?" -- Assuming there was nothing about the ball that violated the "raise red flags from visual inspection test" (e.g., a 19th century jersey that looks like it just came off Modell's shelf), then yes, if it had comparable provenance/LOA to the other Anson ball Mastro sold and was in comparable condition, I believe it would have fetched a similar number to the price Mastro realized for that other ball.