View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 06:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 run of the "Red-Ink-Twins"....HINDU and SWEET CAPORAL 350-460 Factory #42 cards

* * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * *

A printing pattern exists, which I refer to as the Red-Ink-Twins. I discovered this relationship in 2013, while I was doing my red HINDU run of the Exclusive 12 subjects.
American Litho printed the 35 subjects (Group A) in the 350/460 Series simultaneously with the HINDU and SWEET CAPORAL 350-460 Factory #42 backs (circa
Winter of 1910).
Furthermore, on a separate sheet, American Litho printed 12 subjects in the 460-only Series with the red HINDU & SWEET CAPORAL 350-460 Factory #42 backs.
This group of 12 subjects, I refer to as the "Exclusive 12", are certainly more available with the red HINDU and these SWEET CAP backs than the above 35 subjects.

----

Checklist total = 47 subjects with each of these two T206 backs. NO other T206 subjects were printed with red HINDU or SWEET CAPORAL 350-460 Factory #42 backs.

350/460 Series.…...35 subjects

Ames (hands over head) ..……………..*
Baker
Bender (no trees)
M. Brown (Chicago)
Chance (portrait-yellow}
Chase (portrait-blue)
Chase (dark cap)
Cobb (portrait-red)
Davis (A's)
Donlin (bat)
Doolan (bat)
Dougherty (arm in air)
Downey (bat)
Larry Doyle (bat)
Elberfeld (Washington-fielding)
Evers (Chicago-yellow sky)
Griffith (bat)
Johnson (pitching)
Joss (pitching)
Kleinow (Boston)

Konetchy (glove low)
Magee (bat)
Mathewson (dark cap) ....……………….*
McIntyre (Brooklyn & Chicago)
Murphy (batting)
O'Leary (hands on knees)
Reulbach (no glove) ......………………..*
Rucker (throwing)
Seymour (throwing)
Snodgrass (catching)
Stahl (glove)
Street (fielding)
Sweeney (fielding)
Willis (throwing)
CYoung (glove)

Note..... * have yet to be confirmed with the red HINDU back. I expect all 3 of them will eventually be confirmed.
All forty-seven of these SWEET CAPORAL 350-460 Factory #42 cards have been confirmed.

460-only Series…...12 subjects

Crandall (cap)
Devore
Duffy
Ford
Gandil
Geyer
Hummel
McGraw (glove at hip)
Pfeffer
Sheckard (glove)
Tannehill (Chicago)
Wheat

----

The additional 10 guys in the Exclusive 12 group of the 460-only Series will appear in my next post.

TED Z

T206 Reference