View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 02:44 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Hmmm. Interesting conversation.

I almost always list my items with "best offer". I am always curious to see what type offers people send. Sometimes they are reasonable, sometimes they are ridiculous. As far as what I will accept, it depends on a few factors including - How much $ do I own it for, What if determinable is current market price, How long have I had it listed, How much do I want to sell it. Certain items that I feel like I have priced right, I negotiate very little maybe 5%-8%, other items I have accepted offers at 60%-70% of my ask. 2 interesting scenarios just recently happened - I listed a card about 2 months ago at what was then the market price. I got an offer at about a 20% discount to my BIN - I looked back at current sales and the price on the last couple of sales had fallen - so I took the offer. I had another card that I have listed for a while (7months+) - I received a couple of offers at 20% off my ask. It is a REALLY rare card with no recent price history - I declined the offer and raised the price - realizing that I really wouldn't want to sell the card at even 5% lower than my original ask.
I do believe people often feel the need to haggle or will pass even on a good deal.
As a buyer - the rare times I offer less than 80% of ask,I try to support my offer with recent sales or some other relevant information.