View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 07:41 AM
Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
A large auction house, one I'm sure most of you bid with, sends you something absolutely not as described.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
The piece was in a crappy frame. When I went to take it to get it re-framed, it turns out the piece is completely taped down to a foam board.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but from an outsiders point of view I'm having difficulty finding fault of the auction house. Not that its a big enough deal, for you to want to post the description here, but just for curiosities sake...what was it in their description that was deceptive, misleading, and/or "not as described"?

The way you presented it, it reads to me like you weren't aware of it being "taped down" to a foam board, until you took it to be taken apart to be reframed. I guess, I'm not sure how an auction house was supposed to know that it was "taped down" to a foam board, without disassembling it as well.

Once again....not disputing your claim...nor do I have an opinion....but was hoping to understand all aspects of the overall concern.

I collect classic cars, and buy/sell on a regular basis. From reading your post, a similar situation that I am relating it to, would be going to a collector car auction, and buying a car that looks, runs, and drives amazing, and sells for big money. I take it home, and enjoy my purchase. But after a few weeks, decide that I want to paint it a different color. Upon tearing down the car, I discover that there is a significant amount of rust. Of course, I would be pissed.....but, I can't lay blame to the auction house that I purchased the car through. They are professionals, and know what they're doing...but at the end of the day..they aren't going to break down/sand down a car to see if it has rust issues, just like I would assume, that a memorabilia auction house isn't going to break down a piece, and take it out of a frame to inspect it. They are selling the item, just like they received it...stems, seeds and everything.